Sugar Free Chocolate Cake
You Totally Got This
Chocolately, decadent and totally delicious. This sugar free chocolate cake topped with a rich, creamy chocolate frosting, will change your mind about sugar free cakes forever. Get the easy recipe now. Go!
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 0.5 cup cacao or cocoa
- 125 g butter
- 0.5 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or essence
- 3 eggs ((beaten))
- 1 cup butter milk or regular milk
- 0.25 butter (softened)
- 0.25 cup rice malt syrup
- 0.25 cup cacao or cocoa
- Preheat the oven to 160F and line a 21cm cake tin (square or round) with baking paper.
- Chop the butter into cubes and transfer to a small saucepan. Add the rice malt syrup and warm over medium heat until melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine the self-raising flour, cacao/cocoa and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and set aside. Whisk the eggs.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients. Then pour in the eggs, milk and the butter/rice malt syrup mixture. Stir until the mixture forms a smooth batter.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin and bake in the oven for 45 minutes, until a skewer comes out cleanly.
- While the cake is baking make the ganache, by stirring the butter, rice malt syrup and cacoa/cocoa together until smooth. Transfer the frosting to the fridge until you’re ready to ice the cake.
- When the cake is ready, remove it from oven and leave it to stand in the tin. After 10 minutes lift the cake out onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely. When completely cooled, spread the cake with the ganache icing. Next, sing happy birthday, make a wish and cut into 12 slices.