Apple & Black Pudding Sausage Rolls
Cake and Whisky
With a deeply umami filling balanced by tangy apple, those apple & black pudding sausage rolls are the ultimate autumn party canapé!
- 0.5 granny apple
- 0.5 small red onion
- 1 tsp neutral oil
- 200g g sausage meat
- 100g g Cl
- 1 packet ready rolled all-butter puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 6).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Unroll the pastry and cut it in half lengthways.
- Beat the egg into a small bowl.
- Heat up the oil in a small frying pan, then add the apple and onion until slightly soften and caramelised (about 5 min). Spread onto the pastry strips.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sausage meat with the black pudding. Mix well with your hands, then shape into 2 long cylinders (the same length as the pastry strips).
- Lay a cylinder down the centre of each pastry strip. Brush one long edge with the beaten egg, fold the pastry over the filling and press the edges together until well sealed.
- Cut each roll into 10-12 pieces and place those onto the prepared baking tray.
- Brush with more beaten egg and bake for 20 min until golden.