Bean And Rice Burritos
This burrito recipe swaps tortillas for egg wraps, so they’re satisfying and Syn-free. Bringing all the fun and flavour of a Mexican fiesta to your family dinner!
- 150 g dried long-grain rice
- 400 g red kidney beans in chilli sauce (can)
- 400 g mixed pulses in water (can, rinsed and drained)
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tomato (finely chopped)
- ½ red onion (finely chopped)
- ¼ cucumber (deseeded and diced)
- 125 g fat-free natural greek yogurt (to serve)
- lime wedges (to serve)
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions, then drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, make the wraps. Crack the eggs into a large measuring jug, whisk until smooth and season with a pinch of salt. Stir in the parsley.
- Spray a small non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. When hot, pour in one-eighth of the egg mixture (or enough to just cover the bottom of the pan), tilting the pan to spread the egg around. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until lightly browned underneath, then flip over and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Transfer the wrap to a baking sheet lined with baking parchment, cover with another sheet of parchment and keep warm. Spray the pan again with low-calorie cooking spray and make another 7 wraps in the same way, adding each cooked wrap to the pile.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, add the kidney beans and sauce, pulses and tomato purée and warm through for 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and season lightly.
- Stir the beans into the rice and divide between the egg wraps. Scatter over the tomato, red onion and cucumber, and roll up loosely (you might need to hold the wraps in place with cocktail sticks).
- Serve hot with fat-free natural Greek yogurt and lime wedges to squeeze over.
View the recipe instructions at www.slimmingworld.co.uk