Free Middle Eastern spiced beef koftas with a green chilli sauce and cooling yogurt drizzle
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 500 g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 onion (medium, finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- To make the koftas, put all the spices in a large bowl, add ½ tsp each of salt and black pepper and mix well. Add the beef, onion and garlic and mix well with your hands. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a sausage about 10cm long. Put the koftas in a baking tray and cook in the middle of the oven for 30 minutes, turning halfway.
- Meanwhile, put the chill sauce ingredients in a small food processor or blender, season to taste with salt and blitz to a paste. Chill until needed.
- Put all the ingredients for the yogurt dressing in a small bowl, season to taste with salt and mix well. Chill until needed.
- Arrange the koftas on a serving dish, drizzle with the chilli sauce and yogurt dressing and serve hot with couscous and salad.
View the recipe instructions at www.slimmingworld.co.uk