Bloody Mary Gazpacho
The View From the Great Island
My Bloody Mary Gazpacho is a healthy mash-up of your favorite brunch cocktail and a Spanish chilled soup ~ now you can sip a Bloody Mary out of a bowl!
- 1 lb ripe tomatoes (I used the Kumato variety, a deep reddish brown tomato)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (plus more for garnish)
- pinch of celery salt
- pinch of freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp prepared horseradish
- 5 dashes of Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp Old Bay seasoning or smoked paprika
- a shot of vodka, or to taste
- 2 heaping Tbsp finely minced red onion
- 2 heaping Tbsp finely minced celery
- salt rim
- Old Bay seasoning
- lime wedge
- 4 jumbo shrimp, rubbed with Old Bay Seasoning and grilled (use paprika for less heat)
- 2 small inner celery stalks
- toothpicks threaded with cocktail onions, hot peppers, pickled peppers, olives, cherry tomatoes, ghe
- Cut the tomatoes in half, or quarters if they're large. Put them in a food processor. Pulse or blend just until the mixture is smooth, with a little texture remaining. This will only take a few seconds. Remove to a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and taste to adjust any of them. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- On a small plate mix salt with a little Old Bay, and blend well. Run the lime wedge around the rims of your bowls and dip into the salt. Fill each bowl with gazpacho and serve with your choice of garnishes.