Blueberry Crumble Bars
From a Chef's Kitchen
Blueberry Crumble Bars are an easy and delicious way to enjoy blueberries this berry season!
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 0.25 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons instant tapioca
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray or brush with melted butter.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl using an electric hand mixer), cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Add the egg and vanilla and combine.
- Stir in the flour, oats, salt and baking powder until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the blueberries, lemon juice, sugar and tapioca. Set aside.
- Press half of the crumble mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Spread the blueberry mixture evenly over the crust. Gently crumble the remaining mixture over the blueberries.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.