Burger And Chips
Yes, really! Burgers and chips are firmly on the menu when you’re Food Optimising – and this tasty version saves loads of Syns compared to the fast food equivalent!
- 4 baking potatoes (large, peeled and cut into chips)
- low-calorie cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- First boil the chips in a saucepan of boiling water over a high heat for 5 minutes. Drain, return to the pan and shake to roughen the edges a bit. Tip the chips into a non-stick baking tray, season lightly and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Toss well, arrange in a single layer and bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, make the burgers. Put the beef, onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and parsley in a food processor, season
- lightly and blend until just combined. Transfer to a bowl, divide into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a burger.
- Preheat your grill to high. Spray the burgers with low-calorie cooking spray and grill for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Fill the rolls with the burgers and plenty of lettuce, tomato and cucumber. Serve hot with the chips.
View the recipe instructions at www.slimmingworld.co.uk