Buttermilk bran muffins
The View From the Great Island
I'm so excited to share these wonderful, fluffy, moist buttermilk bran muffins with you ~ they're tender, delicious, and healthy!
- 0.5 cup unprocessed wheat bran
- 0.5 cup oat bran
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 6 tablespoons unsulphured molasses
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 0.5 cup Raisins
- set oven to 350F
- Mix the brans with the buttermilk and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar till fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time. Then the molasses and vanilla and blend it well.
- In another bowl sift the dry ingredients together. Add in the raisins and nuts.
- Mix the dry into the wet until just incorporated, don't over mix.
- Fill 10 muffin cups and bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.