Cauliflower Buffalo "Wings"
- 1¼ cups non-dairy milk (almond or soy)
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 head Cauliflower (chopped into bite-size pieces)
- ½ cup cayenne pepper sauce (i use frank's red hot)
- ½ cup margarine (or earth balance)
- ½ tsp white vinegar
- ¼ tsp kosher salt (or sea)
- baby carrots
- celery (to serve)
- vegan bleu cheese (or, if you ' re not vegan, regular bleu cheese)
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment or foil (spray if foil) and set aside.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, combine the milk and vinegar. Let sit for five minutes. Add the flour and garlic powder and stir to combine.
- Dredge the cauliflower pieces in the milk/flour mixture and place on the baking sheets, leaving a little room between each piece. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While cauliflower is baking, combine hot sauce, margarine, vinegar and salt in a small saucepan and bring to a low simmer. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove cauliflower from the oven and cover with hot sauce mixture. Toss to coat completely. Bake for another 6-8 minutes.
- Serve with celery, carrots, and vegan bleu cheese dressing.
View the recipe instructions at www.baked-in.com