Cheese Pav Bhaji Sandwich
This Cheese Pav bhaji Sandwich is a convenient and kid friendly way to enjoy a traditional dish. It's a great kid friendly dish that is perfect for lunchbox
- 1 large Potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1 medium Green Pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 0.5 cup Green Peas
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp chili powder (adjust as per taste)
- 1 tsp Pav Bhaji Masala
- 0.5 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tbsp Cilantro,
- 1~2 tbsp lemon juice
- to taste Salt
- 8 ladi Pav/ Slider Buns
- 8 cheese slices
- 3~4 tbsp Green Chutney
- as needed Tomato Ketchup
- 1 small Onion, finely choped
- as needed Butter (for making the sandwiches)
- as needed Green Chutney
- Heat oil and butter in a pan; add onions, ginger+garlic paste, turmeric and cook till the onions turn translucent.
- Next add the green peppers, tomatoes, green peas, chili powder and salt. Cover and cook till the veggies are very tender.
- Stir in mashed potatoes and mix well. Mash with a potato masher until the veggies are smooth and well combined. Add a splash of water of water if the mixture looks too dry.
- Add pav bhaji masala and simmer for 5~8 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- Toast the buns with butter. Spread with green chutney on both the buns. On the bottom bun put bhaji, onion, cheese, ketchup on the top bun. Toast until the cheese is melted, if desired. Serve right now.