Chicken Schnitzel Sandwich in a Bowl
You Totally Got This
I love me a chicken schnitzel sandwich. I mean bread, mayo, crunchy lettuce and crispy golden chicken. Just SO yum! But there is one small problem with the ole’ chicken schnitty sandwich. Veggies. If you’re aiming for 5 a day. There’s just not enough of them. So, enter my chicken schnitzel sandwich bowl. Yep its …
- olive oil for shallow frying
- 2 chicken schnitzel, regular or gluten free depending on your dietary requirements.
- 1 baby cos lettuce
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 4 to 5 minutes each side until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Meanwhile, rinse and chop the lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and avocado.
- Discard the oil from the frying pan and place it back on medium-high heat. Place 2 slices of bread in the frying pan and cook until one side is golden, then flip to cook the other side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cut the chicken schnitzels in half then divide the schnitzel, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber avocado and pan-fried bread between 2 bowls. Finish with a dollop of mayonnaise.