Creamy Parmesan Garlic Chicken
Chicken breasts cooked in a creamy garlic parmesan cream sauce. This quick and flavorful one skillet 20-minute dish is great on with pasta or a side of veggies! Garlic and parmesan are a match made
- 4 small-medium chicken breasts (or 2 large halved)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup light cream (or half & half, or heavy cream)
- 1 tablespoons Italian seasoning (or oregano)
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 cup spinach (chopped (optional))
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large heavy skillet or pan. Add chicken to the pan and cook for 5-6 minute per side or until the outside is golden and the chicken is cooked through (cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts).
- Remove chicken from the pan, reduce heat to low-medium, and add garlic; stir for 30 seconds. Add the cream or half and half, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine. Stir in 1 cup of chopped spinach if desired. Simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Return chicken to the pan and simmer for another minute then turn off heat. Spoon sauce over chicken. Serve with pasta or veggies.