Creamy Wild Rice Soup
This Creamy Wild Rice Soup is every soup lovers dream! A creamy dairy free broth is filled with hearty wild rice and vegetables.
- 1½ cups wild rice mix (cooked according to package directions)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 2 carrots (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup Cashews (soaked overnight)
- In a soup pot over medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Add in the onion, celery, and carrots. Sautee until the vegetables are tender and the onion is translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add in the garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Add in the broth, cooked rice, bay leaves, salt, thyme, rosemary, and nutmeg. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, drain the cashews and add them to a blender with 1 cup of fresh water. Blend until smooth.
- After 20 minutes, stir in the blended cashew mixture. Simmer for another 5 minutes and serve.
View the recipe instructions at Catching Seeds