Crockpot Cranberry Butter
The View From the Great Island
Crock Pot Cranberry Butter is a silky, tangy fruit butter made right in the crock pot ~ you'll slather everything from biscuits, to turkey sandwiches!
makes about 2 cups
- 2 12-oz bags of cranberries
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- 1 cup apple cider
- Put all the ingredients in a crockpot and stir to combine well. Turn on high. Let it cook for about 2 hours or until the cranberries are soft.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and puree the mixture in a food processor. Do this in two batches. Be careful as the mixture is hot, I cover the top opening of the machine with a dish cloth. Let the machine run for a full minute to puree the cranberries very finely.
- Force the cranberry puree through a mesh sieve or strainer. Push forcefully with the back of a spoon to get as much cranberry puree as you can. Discard the solids.
- Pour the puree back into the crockpot. Turn the crockpot to high, and leave the lid ajar. Cook until thickened, approximately another 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Put the cranberry butter into clean jars with tight fitting lids and let cool. Store in the refrigerator and consume within a month.