Date Loaf Cake
Very much like a sticky date pudding - nice and moist, and made without eggs.
- 180 g dates (stones removed and chopped)
- 200 g dark brown soft sugar
- 55 g butter (or margarine)
- 250 ml water (boiling)
- 220 g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas mark 6. Grease and flour a 23x13cm loaf tin.
- In a large bowl, combine dates, brown sugar, margarine and boiling water. Let stand 15 minutes. Stir in flour, bicarb and vanilla. Pour batter into prepared tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Allow to cool.
View the recipe instructions at allrecipes.co.uk