DIY Cocktail Cherries
The View From the Great Island
DIY Cocktail Cherries --- because every great cocktail deserves a great garnish, and this is one cherry you won't leave at the bottom of your glass!
- 0.5 lb fresh cherries, washed and pitted*
- 0.5 cup kirschwasser
- 0.25 cup amaretto
- 0.25 cup Pom pomegranate juice
- Fit your pitted cherries into one large or two small clean jars. Recycled jam or pasta sauce jars work well.
- Put the Kirschwasser, Amaretto, and Pomegranate juice in a small saucepan and bring just up to a simmer. Take off the heat.
- Pour the hot liquid over the cherries in the jars. Make sure the cherries are completely covered in the liquid. Let cool, then cap tightly.
- Store in the refrigerator.