Easy Jelly Bean Flower Cookies
The View From the Great Island
Easy Jelly Bean Flower Cookies ~ a quick and easy springtime slice and bake sugar cookie that kids can do themselves! Great for Easter and Mother's Day.
approximately 22 cookies
- 1 log of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- jumbo M&Ms
- assorted jellybeans,
- Set the oven to 350F
- Unwrap the dough and set it on a floured surface. Shape the dough into a fat disk, and then roll it out to about 3/8 inches. Cut out cookies using a 2" cookie cutter and place the rounds 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 8 minutes.
- When the cookies come out of the oven, press an M&M in the center of each, and then place the jelly bean 'petals' around it. You don't have to apply much pressure, as the weight of the candy will sink into the soft dough.
- Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet until firm, and then remove to a cooling rack.