Easy Shortcrust Pastry
Cake and Whisky
The ultimate recipe to make the most delicious, buttery and crumbly shortcrust pastry! Perfect as a base for savoury tarts, quiches etc.
- 200g g plain flour
- 100g g butter (I use salted butter)
- 1 (medium) free-range egg
- Place all the ingredients into a large bowl.
- Mix roughly with a fork until barely combined.
- Pour the content of the bowl onto a large, clean surface and knead lightly until smooth.
- Wrap in greaseproof paper and leave in the fridge to cool for 20 or so minutes before rolling the pastry out and using according to whatever recipe you're using the pastry in.