Fettuccine Alfredo With Fresh Spring Vegetables
Make Plant Paradox compliant creamy fettuccine alfredo with grain-free pasta, bright spring vegetables and herbs, and a refreshing lemon zest.
- sea salt
- black pepper
- fettuccine (box, cappello's)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil (plus more for tossing)
- 5 ounces shiitake mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 bunch asparagus (thin, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup italian mascarpone (imported)
- ¼ cup grated parmigiano-reggiano
- ½ cup fresh italian parsley (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ lemon (zest of)
- COOK pasta according to package directions. Strain, reserving 1 cup of cooking water and toss with extra-virgin olive oil in a colander.
- HEAT 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and raise heat to medium-high heat. Cook undisturbed for 1-2 minutes and then cook, stirring, for 2 minutes more. Add the remaining olive oil, the asparagus, and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until asparagus is crisp tender and mushrooms are completely browned, about 3 minutes.
- TURN off heat and add the mascarpone and the cooked noodles. Toss to coat and add the reserved cooking water, ¼ cup at a time, to moisten the noodles and thin the sauce to desired consistency. Gently stir in the pecorino, herbs, Italian seasoning, and lemon zest. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
View the recipe instructions at lectinfreemama.com