Garlic Butter Smashed Sweet Potatoes With Parmesan Cheese
Garlic Butter Smashed Sweet Potatoes With Parmesan Cheese are crispy and buttery on the outside, while soft and sweet on the inside, making way for one of the best ways to eat a sweet potato!
- 4 sweet potatoes (medium)
- spray olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 4 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh, chopped)
- kosher salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat your oven to broil (or grill) settings to high heat. Trim off the ends of the sweet potatoes. Cut each sweet potato into quarters (or 1 1/2 - inch pieces).
- Place sweet potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Bring to the boil; cook, covered for 20 -25 minutes or until just fork-tender. Drain well.
- Bake sweet potato pieces for 25-30 minutes, or until they are fork tender. Allow to cool for about 5 minted, or until you can handle them without burning your hands.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet or tray with cooking oil spray. Arrange sweet potatoes onto the sheet and use a fork to LIGHTLY flatten each piece (they will be soft, so try not to press too hard or they will end up breaking and mashed).
- Mix together the butter, garlic and parsley. Pour the mixture over each sweet potato. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and lightly spray with olive oil spray.
- Broil (or grill) until they are golden and crispy (about 15 minutes). Remove from oven, sprinkle over the parmesan cheese and return to the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Season with a little extra salt and parsley, and serve immediately.
View the recipe instructions at cafedelites.com