Great Island Salad Plate
The View From the Great Island
My Great Island Curried Chicken Salad Plate is a tropical main course salad with a tumble of colorful mixed fruit anchored by a big scoop of chicken salad
- chicken salad
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken
- 0.33333333333333 cup mayonnaise
- 1 heaped Tbsp mango chutney (or other sweet chutney)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- salt to taste
- 0.5 apple, chopped, no need to peel
- 1 tbsp Raisins
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut (sweetened is ok)
- 2 tbsp chopped roasted macadamia nuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 leaves of leafy green lettuce (washed and dried)
- assorted fruit, chopped or sliced such as:
- strawberries, halved or quartered
- kiwi, peeled and sliced
- mango, peeled and sliced
- papaya, peeled and sliced
- pineapple, remove rind and core and cut in chunks
- watermelon, cut in small chunks
- cantaloupe, scooped with a melon baller
- honeydew melon, scooped with a melon baller
- grapes, some whole, some halved
- pink grapefruit, supremed
- 2 lime wedges
- shredded coconut
- Mix the mayo with the chutney and curry powder. Add more curry powder if you like it stronger.
- Blend the chicken with the dressing, and then fold in the rest of the ingredients.
- Place 2 leaves of lettuce in the center of each of two wide shallow individual salad bowls. Place a scoop of chicken salad on top of the lettuce.
- Surround the chicken salad with the fruit. You can mix it up, or arrange each type of fruit separately.
- Serve right away with lime wedges, and a sprinkle of coconut.