Green Goddess Dressing
The View From the Great Island
Make Green Goddess Dressing from scratch.
- ½ cup parsley leaves
- ½ cup fresh tarragon
- ½ cup chives
- ½ cup dill
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper, rough chopped, seeds and all
- i cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp anchovy paste (optional, but part of the distinctive flavor of the original)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly cracked pepper
- Put all the herbs, garlic, and jalapeno pepper into the bowl of a food processor or blender.
- Pulse about 10 times to break down the herbs, and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Pulse another 10 times and scrape again. Run the processor to completely pulverize the greens, scraping down as necessary. Make sure you have processed the herbs enough so that there are no larger pieces left. The herbs will release a lot of flavor and some of their juices as they break down, which will give the dressing its characteristic color.
- Blend in the mayo. Then add the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth and creamy, about a minute.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight jar. It will last about a week.