Grilled Greek Chicken Salad
The View From the Great Island
Grilled Chicken Greek Salad ~ if you love a great main course salad in the warmer months like I do, then this vibrant Greek salad topped with lean grilled chicken breast will win you over for sure. It's a light but totally satisfying main course salad.
- 2 thin skinless boneless chicken breasts
- vital Mint & Lemon Rub, Oregano, and Minced Garlic
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 small head of romaine lettuce (washed, dried, and chopped)
- ¼ red onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 small Persian cucumbers (sliced)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- 1 cup crumbled or cubed feta cheese
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 juice of lemons (add more or less to taste)
- ½ tsp Vital Greek Herbs
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Set oven to 350F
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Brush chicken breasts lightly with olive oil and rub both sides with a light coating of the Mint & Lemon Rub, Minced Garlic, and Oregano. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until you get nice grill marks. Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and registers at least 165F in the center. Set aside.
- Put the lettuce in a large salad bowl.
- Put the onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, and cheese in a separate bowl. Toss with enough of the dressing to moisten. Add this mixture to the salad bowl with the lettuce. Add the grilled chicken and drizzle with more dressing just before serving.