Recipe to make popular Indo-Chinese Hakka noodles with lots of vegetables and fried tofu.
- 1 200 gms packages Noodles Egg Noodles (of Hakka or)
- 1 carrot (Large , shredded or cut into thin matchsticks)
- 1 bell pepper (, thinly sliced)
- 1 ricotta (cupcabbage, shredded)
- 1 beans (cupFrench , sliced)
- 1 ricotta (cuptofu, drained, pressed and cubed)
- 1 onion (Small , thinly sliced)
- 4 ~ 5 Green Onions (, sliced)
- 1 tsp red chili (flakes)
- 4 tbsps sesame oil
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- to taste Salt
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 ginger (" piece, finely grated)
- 1 tbsp sriracha chili sauce (or other)
- 2 tbsps Tomato paste Ketchup (or)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Make the sauce: Blend all the ingredients for the sauce in a blender to a smooth paste. Make sure that the sauce is not too runny.
- Cook the noodles as per package directions (put the noodles into boiling water and boil for 3~4 minutes, then drain and spread on a large plate or baking sheet with a drizzle of oil to avoid sticking together.
- In a large wok or skillet, heat 2tbsp sesame oil and add the cubed tofu. Cook on medium high heat until golden brown on all sides. Remove onto a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Wipe the wok or skillet and heat 2tbsp sesame oil, add chili flakes and onions. Cook on medium-high heat until the onions turn translucent. Add the ground paste and salt; cook for 2~3 minutes or until the raw taste of the garlic disappears.
- Lower the heat and add soy sauce and vinegar. Mix well.
- Increase the heat and add the bell pepper, carrot and beans; Cook till the veggies are crisp tender, they should still retain their color and crunch.
- Add the shredded cabbage and cook for 1~2 minutes. Finally add the noodles, combine till all the ingredients are well mixed together. Cook for 3~4 minutes for the flavors to mingle. Sprinkle with chopped green onions and serve hot!!