Homemade Gingerbread Playdough
The View From the Great Island
Let your kids ‘bake’ alongside you with All Natural Homemade Gingerbread Playdough — it looks, smells, and feels just like the real thing!
- dry ingredients
- 1 cup flour
- 0.25 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons cloves
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- wet ingredients
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Put the dry ingredients in a medium saucepan and whisk to combine.
- Add the water and oil, and stir together.
- Cook on medium heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly, until the dough comes away from the sides of the pan and forms a ball in the center, a silicone spoon works really well for this.Â It will look lumpy, but don't worry.
- Turn the warm dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead it a few times until it is smooth and not sticky. Lightly flour your hands if necessary.
- Store the playdough in an airtight baggie or container.