How to Make Irish Cream
The View From the Great Island
How to Make Homemade Irish Cream ~ this diy Irish Cream is a perfect copy cat of one of my favorite liqueurs. It's delicious, and so easy to make.
makes approximately 3 cups
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp instant coffee or instant espresso
- ½ tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup Irish whiskey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Put a tablespoon of the cream in a bowl and add the espresso and cocoa powder. Mix these together until both powders are completely dissolved and there are no lumps.
- Add the rest of the cream, while stirring, or gently whisking.
- Add the whiskey, vanilla, and condensed milk and blend everything well.
- Pour the mixture into a bottle with a top, and refrigerate until needed.
- This will keep in the fridge for at least a couple of months, and probably longer, but I'm pretty sure you will polish it off before then ;)