Indian Egg Flatbreads
These Indian Egg Flatbreads may look super hot but trust me they won't blow your head off! They have so much flavour and are a great new brunch idea.
- 175 g plain flour (plus extra for flouring the surface when kneading)
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 100 ml warm water
- 2 tbsp Black mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 100 g cheddar cheese (grated )
- 3 small green chillies (finely sliced)
- 2 tsp english mustard
- 4 eggs (fried)
- Start by making the flatbread dough. Mix the flour in a bowl along with salt and mustard seeds, mix together. Add the oil and warm water and mix until it forms a smooth dough.
- Knead the dough for 3-4 minutes. Cover with oiled cling film and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6. Lightly grease a flat baking tray and place in the oven.
- Divide the dough into 2 balls and on a floured surface roll out two oblong shapes (they can look rustic). Transfer to the hot baking tray and cook for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- On each flatbread add the English mustard and spread evenly, leaving an inch around the crust. Add in two of the green chillies with the grated cheese and give it a good mix.
- Sprinkle the cheese and green chilli evenly over the flatbreads and then place under the grill for 1-2 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Fry 4 eggs in a pan, you might want to do two at a time instead of overcrowding the pan. Once the eggs are cooked, place two on each flatbread and sprinkle with the rest of the green chilli.
- Slice up like a pizza and enjoy!