Indian Style Beet Salad
Indian style Beet Salad with Peanuts and Cashews. It takes just a few minutes to make and tastes fresh and delicious. A great side dish to any Indian style meal.
- 1 beet (Small , peeled and grated)
- 1 ~ 2 Chilies (Green , finely chopped)
- 1 onion (Small , finely chopped)
- 2 tbsps cilantro (, finely chopped)
- 3 tbsps Coconut (Fresh , grated)
- 2 tbsps Peanuts
- 1 tbsp Cashews
- 1 tbsp dal (Roasted (Putnalu or ia))
- 6 ~ 8 Curry leaves
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (, toasted)
- to taste Salt
- Heat 2tsp oil in a pan, add peanuts and cook till they turn lightly brown. Next add cashews, roasted gram, curry leaves and saute till they turn color.
- Next add the grated beets and cook for 2~3 minutes. Season with salt.
- Remove the beet mixture into a bowl. Add chopped green chilies, onions, cilantro, grated coconut and lemon juice. Mix well. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve warm or at room temperature.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout