Jamaican Jerk-Style Chicken with Black Bean Mango Salsa
From a Chef's Kitchen
Time to up your grill game with this Jamaican Jerk Style Chicken with Black Bean and Mango Salsa!
- marinade AND CHICKEN
- 2 scallions, white and light green part only, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 0.5 jalapeño or Serrano pepper, seeded if desired, coarsely chopped
- 0.5 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt-free jerk seasoning blend (such as Penzeys)
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 0.5 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (15-ounce) black beans
- 1 medium ripe mango, pitted and diced (about 1 cup)
- 0.25 cup red onion
- 0.5 jalapeño or Serrano pepper, seeded if desired (minced)
- 0.25 cup cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil ((divided))
- — salt and black pepper (to taste)
- CHICKEN AND MARINADE
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a mini food processor and process until smooth. Transfer marinade to a zipper-top plastic bag. Place chicken in the bag. Remove as much air as possible and seal. Gently squeeze the bag to thoroughly coat the chicken with the marinade. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade. Place chicken on grill then reduce heat to medium and cook 8 to 9 minutes per side or until cooked through to 165 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Serve with chicken.