Kale Detox Salad W/ Pesto
This kale detox salad is the perfect meal for a cleanse, made with whole, real ingredients. Made with a mouthwatering carrot top pesto and roasted vegetables.
- 1 bunch carrots (tops of)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ lemon (juice from)
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes (cut into rounds)
- 3 purple carrots (large, cut into rounds)
- 15 oz can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- drizzle olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 3 sprinkles dried thyme
- 3 handfuls lacinato kale (sliced thin)
- 1 cup brown rice (cooked)
- jalapeno (sliced, if desired)
- sesame seeds (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prep vegetables - wash and dry carrots and potatoes. Cut both into rounds (disks), about 1/4 inch thick.
- In a bowl, combine chopped potatoes, carrots, and chickpeas. Add in olive oil and spices, and mix well until everything is evenly coated.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, bake vegetables + chickpeas for 45-50 minutes. When they\'re done cooking, remove from oven and let cool.
- While vegetables are cooking, make pesto - combine all ingredients into a food processor and process on high until a slightly smooth pesto is formed.
- In a bowl, mix thinly sliced lacinato kale and pesto until kale is evenly covered. Then, add in roasted vegetables + chickpeas and brown rice. Mix well until everything is evenly combined.
- Serve in bowls and top with sesame seeds.
View the recipe instructions at wellandfull.com