Mexican-inspired butterbean baked eggs
Cake and Whisky
Sleepy heads, rejoice - fuss-free, delicious and nutricious breakfasts are within reach thanks to these very lazy breakfast recipes!
- 1 400g tin butter beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 2 tsp Very Lazy chopped garlic
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- preserved jalapeno (to taste)
- 1 small bag of baby spinach
- 1 tsp of Very Lazy chopped chilli
- 4-6 fresh eggs
- salt & black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C (gas mark 7).
- In a large skillet or oven-proof frying pan, heat up the oil over a medium heat.
- Add the sliced onion and fry for 4-5 min until golden, then add the garlic, chopped tomato, butterbeans and baby spinach.
- Season with salt and black pepper, chopped jalapenos and Very Lazy chilli.
- Stir together to combine and simmer over a low heat for 20 min.
- Make scooped holes in the mixture and crack in the eggs.
- Pop the pan in the oven for about 7 minutes until the egg white is cooked.
- Serve immediately with buttered toast on the side (add prosciutto for extra brunchy points!)