Meyer Lemon Roast Chicken
The View From the Great Island
Meyer Lemon Roast Chicken is a delicious way to perk up your weekly meal plan ~ the flavors are bright and sunny, and it looks as beautiful as it tastes!
- i chicken (cut in pieces)
- 2 meyer lemons, washed and cut in 1/4 inch slices
- a handful of fresh thyme sprigs
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- for the sauce
- 0.25 cup olive oil (I like O Meyer
- 0.25 cup Limoncello lemon liqueur
- 0.25 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp stone ground Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Set oven to 475F
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces liberally with salt and plenty of pepper.
- Line a baking sheet completely with foil or parchment paper and lay the chicken out, along with the sliced lemon and some of the fresh thyme. Make sure your pan is big enough so you don't crowd the chicken.
- Pour most of the sauce evenly over the chicken pieces, reserving a little for basting later.
- Bake the chicken for about 35-45 minutes until golden and crisp on the outside. Baste the chicken with a little of the reserved sauce about 5 or 10 minutes before it is done.
- Serve hot with the lemon slices on the side.