Mini Pecan Pie Cookies
These Mini Pecan Pie Cookies taste just like the real-deal pecan pie in mini form! Only these guys are allergy-friendly and made without refined sugar.
- 2 cups almond meal
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 0.5 cup chopped pecans plus 16 whole pecans for topping
- 0.5 cup minced dates
- 0.33333333333333 cup plus 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (plus 1 tablespoo)
- 0.25 cup date sugar
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- Grease 2 mini muffin tins liberally with coconut oil spray. Set aside.
- Add the almond meal to a large bowl and set aside. In a small saucepan, heat the coconut oil and maple syrup until melted. Pour this over the almond flour and stir to combine.
Take 1 tablespoon of the crust dough and press it into one of the mini muffin tin cups. Be sure to evenly cover the sides and bottom, like a mini pie crust.
Repeat with the remaining dough. Place the trays in the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- While the dough is chilling. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread the chopped pecans out on a small baking tray. Bake for 5 minutes, or until fragrant and lightly toasted. Add into a medium bowl.
- Add the remaining filling ingredients into the pecans and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Once the dough has chilled, bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Evenly split the filling between all of the cups. Top each with a whole pecan and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely in the tart cups. Using a butter knife or spoon, loosen the cookies from their cups and remove. Serve.