Minimal Monday: Lemony Fettucine Alfredo
The View From the Great Island
This Lemony Fettuccine Alfredo recipe is one of my personal favorites. You can make it quick and easy from pantry staples ~ the flavor is bright and vivid!
- 12 oz fettuccine pasta
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- juice of 1-2 lemons (I use 2)
- 1.5 cups finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 0.5 cup finely chopped parsley (reserve some for garnish)
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until just al dente. Be sure to salt your water well!
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a pan over low heat and add the cream. Stir to combine and let it just come to a simmer. Add the lemon juice and stir.
- Add the cheese and stir until it is completely melted. I like to take the pan off the heat to do this. Taste the sauce and add salt, if needed, and plenty of fresh cracked black pepper.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and add it to the sauce, along with the parsley. Toss everything well, and serve up immediately, with more parsley for garnish.