New Potato Salad with Eggs and Mustard
The View From the Great Island
This New Potato Salad with Eggs and Mustard is gutsy and full of flavor - it makes the perfect warm summer side dish because there's no mayo to spoil.
- about 1 lb new potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp finely chopped dill pickles
- snipped fresh chives
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 0.33333333333333 cup good olive oil
- pinch of salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Put the whole new potatoes in a steamer basket in a large pot over boiling water. Cook the potatoes until just tender, about 20-30 minutes., The exact time will depend on the size of your potatoes, just check to see if they are tender with the tip of a sharp knife. When they are done drain them and set aside to cool slightly.
- Boil the eggs until the yolks are just set, about 7 minutes. Drain, peel and chill.
- Put the mustard seeds in a small pan and toast over medium heat until they start to pop. Keep them moving while they toast. Once they start to pop put them into a bowl.
- Make the dressing in a small food processor. I put all the ingredients in and puree until creamy.
- Halve the warm potatoes and put them in your serving bowl. Drizzle on enough dressing to coat and toss so the potatoes can start to absorb some of the flavors.
- Toss with the parsley and season with salt and pepper. At this point i refrigerate the potatoes to get them nice and chilled.
- When ready to serve, halve or thickly slice the eggs and add them to the bowl. Toss in the pickles, chives, and mustard seed. Drizzle on a little more dressing (you might not use all of it) and enjoy!