One Pot Savoury Rice
Savoury Rice - An easy one pot recipe with diced chicken breast, vegetables, long grain rice that is a delicious alternative to basic cooked rice and perfect as a main dish or side.
- 150 g boneless skinless chicken breast (uncooked, diced small)
- 1½ teaspoons paprika (not smoked)
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 onion (small, diced small)
- 1 carrot (small, diced small)
- 1 stalk celery celery (diced small)
- ½ red pepper (diced small)
- ½ green pepper (diced small)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ tablespoon ginger root (freshly grated)
- ½ tablespoon dark soy sauce
- ½ cup sweetcorn (can)
- 1 cup Long grain Rice (rinsed)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 spring onions (sliced)
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with cooking oil spray
- Add the chicken, paprika and a pinch of salt and black pepper, fry until browned, remove and set aside.
- Spray the pan with a little more spray oil.
- Add the onion, celery, carrot and peppers and fry to soften.
- Add the garlic and ginger and fry for a further minute.
- Add in the toasted sesame oil, dark soy sauce and rice and mix to coat.
- Add back in the chicken and also add in the sweetcorn
- Pour in the chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until the liquid is absorbed approx 10 minutes. Turn off heat, but leave with lid on for an additional 10 minutes (do not remove lid or touch in this time as the steam trapped underneath will continue to cook the rice to perfection.
- Then remove lid and stir in the chopped spring onions.
- Taste and season with some salt and black pepper if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!!
View the recipe instructions at www.slimmingeats.com