Paleo Fruit and Nut Breakfast Bread
The View From the Great Island
Paleo Fruit and Nut Breakfast Bread ~ this chunky quick bread is grain free, and dairy free, with no added sugar, and it makes the most amazing toast.
- 2 cups assorted chopped nuts
- 2 cups assorted chopped dried fruits (see notes in the post, above)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup unsweetened apple butter
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Set oven to 350F
- Spray a standard loaf pan with cooking spray and line with a sheet of parchment paper with long ends. This is so you can easily lift the bread out of the pan.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, coconut oil, and apple butter. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold in the fruits and nuts, and mix until everything is well combined.
- Turn the batter into the prepared pan. Smooth out the top.
- Lay a piece of foil loosely over the top of the pan to prevent too much browning and bake for an hour, or until the top looks dry and is just beginning to crack, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry. I usually remove the foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Cool for 15 minutes, then lift the bread out carefully with the parchment paper 'wings' to cool on a rack.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate overnight. Then slice with a sharp serrated bread knife.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island