Peach-Mango Jam with Vanilla
Homemade Peach-Mango jam flavored with vanilla. It's a delicious way to use up those last summer fruit.
- 3 peaches (– medium, peeled, pitted and chopped (about 3 cups))
- 2 mangoes (Ripe – medium, peeled, pitted and chopped (about 3 cups))
- 1 cup sugar ((use less if you want not-so-sweet jam, we like it sweeter, so I went with 1cup of sugar))
- 2 tsps vanilla (Ground (use bean if you have it, wondering if vanilla extract would work here??))
- ¼ cup orange juice ((freshly squeezed))
- 3 tsps Pectin
- Add the chopped fruit, sugar and orange juice (and vanilla bean if using) to a heavy bottom saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil; lower the heat and simmer the mixture until the fruits start to break down.
- Add the ground vanilla and mix well. You can blend with a hand mixer for a smoother jam at this stage or mash with a potato masher for a chunkier one.
- Finally add pectin, make sure to mix it very well otherwise pectin forms papery residue in the jam. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until jam thickens. Check this cool tip by Suma @ Ecurry on how to determine whether your jam is ready or not.