Persimmon Rum Punch
The View From the Great Island
Persimmon Rum Punch ~ this warm and spicy fall cocktail is made with two kinds of run, apple cider, and a homemade persimmon syrup ~ yum!
- 1 oz light rum
- 1 oz dark rum
- 1 oz persimmon syrup
- 1 drop liquid smoke
- hard cider
- for the persimmon syrup
- 2 ripe fuyu persimmons, peeled and chopped, seeds removed
- 0.5 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 0.125 tsp each: cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, allspice
- To make the syrup, put the persimmon, sugar, water and spices in a saucepan and stir to combine. Bring the mixture up to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Let it cool briefly and then puree in a blender until smooth.
- For the cocktail. put the rum, persimmon syrup and liquid smoke in a shaker with ice.
- Shake well and then pour into a glass over fresh ice.
- Fill the rest of the glass with hard cider, and garnish with a cinnamon stick.