Praline Pumpkin Snack Cake
The View From the Great Island
Pecan Praline Pumpkin Cake has the perfect tender crumb, a lightly spiced pumpkin flavor, and an out of this world pecan praline caramel frosting!
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin (not pie filling!)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp ginger
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp cardamom
- 0.5 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- praline frosting
- 0.5 cup half and half
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves (toasted and chopped)
- Set oven to 350F
- Whisk together the pumpkin, sugar, oil, and eggs until well blended.
- Mix in the spices and salt. Fold in the flour and baking soda until everything is well incorporated, but don't over beat.
- Spread the batter into a 9x13 pan that has been lightly sprayed. Bake for 25- 30 minutes or until done in the center and a toothpick comes out without wet batter clinging to it.
- To make the frosting, heat the half and half, butter, and brown sugar in a saucepan until it comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Take off the heat and beat in the vanilla and sifted confectioner's sugar. Quickly spread over the cake, the frosting will set up quickly.
- Top with toasted pecans.