Pumpkin Pie Pops
The View From the Great Island
What could be more season spanning than a pumpkin pie popsicle? These creamy popsicles taste like that cold piece of leftover pie you sneak straight from the fridge the day after Thanksgiving.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1 box (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding
- 0.25 tsp each: nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, cloves and cardamom
- 0.5 tsp ginger
- Whisk all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Fill popsicle molds to the top, and rap the mold firmly on a hard surface to remove any air bubbles. I found the easiest way to do this was to spoon the mixture into a large baggie, cut off the tip, and squeeze it into the molds. You can also use small paper cups as molds.
- Position the popsicle sticks (they will stand up by themselves because the mixture is thick) and freeze at least several hours until solid. You will not need the lid for these pops.
- To remove the popsicles from the mold, fill the sink with hottest tap water and submerge the mold just up to, but not over, the top lip. Hold it in the water for several seconds, and then try to wiggle the popsicles out. If they don't budge, submerge the mold again briefly.