Great way to incorporate ragi flour into the diet because the taste of ragi is subtle and even kids would love these dosas.
- 1 cup Ragi Flour
- 0.25 cup chana dal
- 0.25 cup Moong dal
- 0.25 cup rice flour
- 2 ~ 3 Red Chili ((add more if you like your adai spicy) Dry)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- to taste Salt
- 0.25 cup onion (- finely chopped)
- 2 chilies (Green - finely chopped)
- 8 ~ 10 Curry leaves (- chopped)
- 3 tbsps cilantro (- finely chopped)
- Wash and soak lentils for at least 30 minutes. Drain the water and grind to a smooth paste along with red chilies and cumin seeds.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl, add the ragi flour, rice flour, salt and enough water to make a smooth lump-free batter. Consistency should be similar to dosa batter.
- Let it sit for 10~15 minutes.
- Heat a tawa, pour 1~2 ladle-full batter and spread it out evenly. Sprinkle the toppings evenly on the top, if using and press lightly. Drizzle some oil around and cook covered for 2~3 minutes.
- Flip and cook on the other side for another 1~2 minutes.
- Serve hot with any chutney.