Reader’s Recipes: Swedish Sugar Cookies
The View From the Great Island
Swedish Sugar Cookies are the homemade version of the pre-fab refrigerated slice and bake cookies we all rely on too often!
- i cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, unsalted (at room temperature)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla (I used 2 teaspoons of vanilla paste)
- ½ tsp cream of tartar (I used baking powder)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour (measure with the fluff and scoop method)
- Set oven to 350F
- Cream the butter, sugar, vanilla and egg well.
- Mix the dry ingredients and combine with the sugar mixture.
- Form into balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and roll in sugar.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake until they just start to brown around the edges, about 10 minutes.