Rosé Wine Hot Pepper Jelly
The View From the Great Island
Rosé Wine Hot Pepper Jelly ~ a simple wine jelly recipe that turns an appetizer like cheese and crackers into a gourmet experience.
makes about 3 cups
- 1 bottle rose wine (750ml)
- 2 cups sugar
- i (1.75 ounce) package Sure-Jell for Less or No Sugar Needed Recipes ((seeds and all)
- Whisk the wine and sugar together in a large heavy pot until the sugar is dissolved. Heat to a boil over medium high heat, whisking often.
- Combine the pectin with 3/4 cup waer and mix well until the pectin is dissolved.
- Once the wine has come to a boil, whisk in the pectin and continue to cook for 2 minutes (set the timer) stirring or whisking constantly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the jalapenos. Let cool for about 30-40 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the jelly starts to thicken enough so that the peppers remain suspended when you stir. Pour the mixture into clean jars and let cool completely before capping and refrigerating. The jelly will firm up completely as it chills.
- Jelly will keep up to 2 months in the refrigerator. Makes just over 3 cups.