Rose Colored Couscous (Israeli Couscous with Beets and Walnuts)
The View From the Great Island
Rose Colored Couscous, or Israeli Couscous with Beets and Walnuts is a uniquely beautiful and healthy pasta salad!
serves 5-6 as a side salad
- 2 cups cooked Israeli couscous
- 2 medium beets, roasted
- handful of parsley leaves
- a handful of fresh dill fronds
- a handful of good walnuts
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp za'atar (see recipe below)
- 0.25 cup olive oil
- Lemon juiced
- Chop the beets into a small dice while they are still warm. Toss with the couscous, breaking up any lumps with a fork.
- Toss with the herbs and nuts.
- Mix the za’atar with the olive oil and lemon juice, and add to the salad. Toss well. Refrigerate for at least an hour or two to allow it to get completely chilled, and for the flavors to mingle. Check the seasonings and serve garnished with a few more nuts and herbs.