Sheet Pan Sweet Potato Poblano and Black Bean Quesadillas with Chipotle Sour Cream
From a Chef's Kitchen
Sheet Pan Quesadillas with Sweet Potatoes, Poblanos and Black Beans with Chipotle Sour Cream
- 1 pound sweet POTATOES (2-3 medium), peeled and cubed (approximately 1/2-inch)
- 2 large Poblano peppers (sliced)
- 0.5 medium red onion (sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil ((divided))
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 can (15-ounce) black beans
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 8 whole-grain flour tortillas for fajitas
- nonstick cooking spray
- chipotle SOUR CREAM
- 1 cup sour cream (light or regular)
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo (finely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil.
- Place sweet potatoes, Poblanos, onions and garlic on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with chili powder. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. Add beans and toss to combine.
- Carefully pull the foil up with the sweet potato / black bean mixture and set aside.
- Place a clean piece of nonstick foil on the baking sheet you used. (If using a nonstick baking sheet, you can omit lining it again as you'll have a clean baking sheet.) Spray the foil or the nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place four tortillas on the prepared baking sheet. Place 1/4 cup cheese on each tortilla. Top with even amounts of the sweet potato / black bean mixture and top again with 1/4 cup cheese. Top each with a tortilla, pressing down to secure. Spray the top of each quesadilla with cooking spray.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are crisp. Serve immediately with Chipotle Sour Cream.
- CHIPOTLE SOUR CREAM
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl and serve with quesadillas.