Simple lemon cake (V)
Cake and Whisky
So, if life gives you lemon... make lemon cake! This simple lemon cake recipe is perfect for everyday baking and absolutely delicious!
- 125g g granulated sugar
- 160g g self-raising flour and 1 tbsp for the tin
- 125g g melted butter and a bit for the tin
- 3 eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 5/350°F).
- Butter and flour a rectangular cake tin.
- In a large bowl (or a blender), mix together all the ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin and bake for 35-40 min or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack (or a plate/dish large enough to accomodate your cake) to cool before slicing and serving on its own or with Greek yoghurt / ice cream / lemon curd / fresh berries...