Spicy Orange Moroccan Salad
The View From the Great Island
Spicy Orange Moroccan Salad ~ this is a fruit salad like nothing you've ever had before, I promise! With fresh juicy oranges paired with earthy oil cured olives, tons of fresh parsley and a burst of cayenne, this unusual Middle Eastern citrus salad will blow you away.
- 3 large seedless oranges
- 0.125 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp paprika
- 0.5 tsp garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red-wine or sherry vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 12 pitted black olives, preferably imported Greek or Italian.
- Peel the oranges, paring away all the exterior white pulp. Cut each orange into wedges. Cut each wedge into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Place the cayenne, paprika, garlic, olive oil and vinegar in a salad bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste and whisk to combine. Add the oranges, parsley and olives. Toss gently to blend. Serve cold or at room temperature.