Spicy Thai Spaghetti Salad
The View From the Great Island
This yummy Spicy Thai Spaghetti Salad is an delicious twist on a potluck classic ~ quick to prepare using common ingredients, the Asian flavors in this colorful pasta salad really pop! This easy summer side salad recipe will be your go to for barbecues this season!
- 8 ounces of thin spaghetti ( broken in half, cooked in plenty of salted water to al dente and rinsed well with cold water)
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 6 green spring onions (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 handful cilantro leaves (chopped)
- 1 handful basil leaves (thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter (heaping Tbsp )
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- To make the dressing put all the ingredients in a small bowl and use an immersion blender to process into an emulsified dressing. Thin with more oil or vinegar to taste, if necessary.
- Put the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss with the dressing. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island