Spicy Xi’an Style Noodles (Vegan)
Cake and Whisky
Hot, salty & super quick to make, Xi'an style noodles are China's answer to Italy's aglio e olio. And as it happens, it's also an excellent budget recipe.
- 1 pack fresh udon noodles (check the label as some aren't vegan), run under cold water to separate
- 1 pak choi
- 2 big cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp
- 0.5 tsp black sesame seeds
- Wash, dry and cut the pak choi into quarters.
- Heat up a wok over medium-high heat & cook the pak choi with 2 tbsp of soy sauce until soft. Transfer to a bowl and keep aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining soy sauce and chopped garlic. Transfer to the hot wok.
- When it just starts softening, add in the noodles and the chilli oil. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, then add in the pak choi and cook for another minute.
- Taste test and add a bit more soy sauce if needed, then transfer to a bowl and serve immediately!